Your First Class
Drink, drink, drink! The key to a healthy body is staying hydrated. So be sure to have water before, during, and after your class.
No no no: be sure not to eat before you exercise hot yoga. We recommend not eating 2-3 hours before you take class.
WHAT TO WEAR
If you’ve never exercised with us at Fluid yoga, we suggest sporting a tee or tank on top and form-fitting pants or shorts on the bottom.
Nothing’s worse than a last minute room set-up! Do yourself a favor Download the Mind Body App and go on-line buy classes and reserve your spot or come to the studio 10-15 minutes before class starts. Be sure to let the front desk know you’re a newbie and we’ll get you set up on your mat in the room.
Make sure you sign-in on the attendance sheet. You can ask how many classes you have on your account balance or when your monthly membership is expiring.
NEW CLIENT/STUDENT WAIVER
New to Fluid Yoga? We make it easy. Download the Mind Body App and Go on-line and register as a new client. You can buy your choice of new student offers, pay and reserve your spot. Inform your teacher of any concerns/conditions. Please note, clients under 18 must have their parent or guardian sign the waiver in person.
What to Bring
No shoes, no socks, no problem. But don’t let that scare you. Being Barefoot provides a more stable, foundation and also allows you to target the correct alignment and muscle groups.
MATS & TOWELS
For your first class, you can rent a mat and or Towel for $1. Each. If you’re already a pro and you have your own mat, we recommend using a 1/8 Inch
light cushioning sticky mat – you need stability and to protect joints during class.
Trust us on this one… you’ll want some water in the hot room. We have water available for sale for $1. Or you can bring and fill up your own plastic or metal bottle — Please, no glass bottles/jars are allowed in the studio.
LOCKERS & SHOWERS
Your stuff is your stuff. Bring a lock for your small valuables. We have limited locker space. We have single stall showers.
We take pride in the cleanliness and amenities of our facilities. The studio is cleaned between classes and nightly with medical-grade disinfectants.
- Be 10–15 MINUTES EARLY! Be patient. Be calm. Be compassionate.
- Observe silence in the yoga room.
- Respect the instructor; they are providing you with specific instruction. The overall quality of instruction and maintained environment is important to every student in the class.
- Stay with the poses being offered by the instructor, modify them if needed, and keep the practice healthy for your body. Inquire with the instructor before or after class if you have any questions or need guidance.
- Stay through final Savasana. If you must leave early set up by the door, inform the instructor when possible, and quietly gather up your belongings.
- If you need to take a break during class sit facing forward with you head above your heart.
- Inform the instructor if you are pregnant or have any health and/or mobility issues.
- Hydrate before and after class. We have 1 water break during class. Do not pour your water over your head, face, neck, and body.
- Print clearly when you sign in for your class.
- Do not bring your belongings into the yoga studio.
Your mat, towel and water only are allowed in the room.
- Do not leave any belongings (whether valuable or not) or take anything that does not belong to you.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the yoga studio or reception areas. Turn your phone off.
- Adjust your mat to make space for the last student standing around looking for a spot.
- ALWAYS wear enough clothing to cover the essentials. Loose shorts and top are not an option.
- If you are sick please stay home and get better.